Monday, November 2, 2015

How to Make a Book Page Wreath...

Hi everyone! I've been busy getting ready for the holidays. Christmas starts early for me, because I have a very big party in early December and the house is decorated from top to bottom. I have 12-13 decorated trees up...one in every room in the house. I've already started in the bedrooms upstairs, because the kids are gone and no one will see it and think I'm crazy!! Downs stairs has to stay decorated for autumn, because we also host Thanksgiving for both sides of the family.

There is one exception this year. Our big family tree is already up in the family room. Our daughter Kelsie moved to Florida 2 weeks ago. She was away for all the holidays last year for a Disney internship and I couldn't have another holiday without her here to celebrate. The weekend before they left, we had an ALL holiday celebration. All four kids had Halloween trick or treat bags and carved pumpkins, we had a big Thanksgiving dinner, we decorated the big family Christmas tree and opened stockings and presents. We also had Easter baskets! Each room in the house was decorated for each holiday including Valentine's Day! I think I have a few pictures that I can share later.

Right now, I wanted to share a wreath I made for one of the rooms.

Book Page Wreath...


I've always wanted to make a wreath from old book pages and was inspired by this post from the blog Knick of Time.

Here's my version.

book page wreath

I just love the texture and the color!

book page wreath

I even made a little bow from the pages.

book page wreath

Come on in to see how easy. It does take some time, but it's worth it!!

I already had this wreath form, but I needed just one of the rings.

book page wreath

So I removed the wire that held the rings together.

book page wreath

Just bend it back.

book page wreath

Once you have the ring size you need, just cut the wire to create the opening you'll need for this project.

book page wreath

Like this.

book page wreath

Here is the separated ring.

book page wreath

Now for the book pages. I used an old, falling apart dictionary that I bought in a thrift store for practically nothing.

book page wreath

Rip the pages in half length wise.

book page wreath

Fan fold them.

book page wreath

Staple the bottom and then punch a hole.

book page wreath

Grab a cup of tea or coffee and watch your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie, because this will take a while!!

book page wreath

Then all you do is string the paper through the hole onto the wire.

book page wreath

Keep going...

book page wreath

Every once in a while you will need to place spacers, so all the paper doesn't fall to the bottom of the wreath.

book page wreath

I just used strong duct tape.

book page wreath

Keep going until desired fullness.

book page wreath

Take the 2 ends of the wires and loop them together.

book page wreath

I also ran a zip tie between the 2 loops.

book page wreath

It keeps the loops from coming apart and...

book page wreath

makes a nice hanger.

book page wreath

All done!!

book page wreath


book page wreath

I looped a bow and used ribbon for the center.

book page wreath

This is actually perfect for any holiday!!

book page wreath


Hope you can make one too...it's practically free and looks great in any room!!

Enjoy,
~Karen~


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. You really do get into the spirit of the season.. Good for you. Way too much work for me to tackle.

    Thanks for the tut on the wreath I think I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I really want to try this, but I don't get the spacers. Why do I need to use them and won't I have gaps where the spacers are? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I really want to try this, but I don't get the spacers. Why do I need to use them and won't I have gaps where the spacers are? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this, but I also question the spacers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try this and hang it for the holidays or maybe just keep it up throughout the year. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so delicate and looks really fantastic. I couldn't imagine something like this can be made of book leaves. I think I'll try to make it for Christmas. The kids will surely like it. Thanks, Karen.
    Yours, Daniella

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic book page wreath, perfect for any decor! Love It! Thank you Karen for another wonderfully creative project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails